Industry vet Andy Menkes left BCD Travel and restarted Partnership Travel Consulting. He founded the firm in 2001 and deactivated it in 2018 when he joined BCD as an SVP. The relaunched travel management consultancy features longtime travel management company executive Dee Runyan and former corporate buyer Jim Wilkins.
After 16 years at BCD Travel, Runyan worked for Radius, World Travel Inc. as its president and, most recently, CorpTrav as its COO. Wilkins spent 16 years at Delta Air Lines before a string of travel management positions, most recently at Turner Broadcasting System. PTC also added meetings and events specialist Melissa Gain.
Several of PTC’s previous consultants rejoined Menkes. They include Tony O’Connor (based in Australia), Brigitte Jakubowski (France), Riana Fouché (South Africa) and Winfried Barczaitis (Germany). According to Menkes, each of them, as before, will maintain their own consulting practices for local-market engagements while working under the PTC banner for jobs covering multiple markets.
Tom Kallas, a former U.S.-based PTC consultant who worked at World Travel in the interim, also rejoined the team.
“These tumultuous times present huge challenges to corporate travel managers and their travelers, and we’ve been encouraged by many of our colleagues to provide independent consulting expertise,” according to Menkes.
• Consultancies Advocate Rightsized TMC Sourcing
• CTBR Transforms Consulting Practice, Offers Consortia Rates And ‘Turnkey’ Travel Management
• Consultant Exposes Markups By Certifying TMCs That Don’t Hide Them
• Service Providers See Growing Interest In Travel Manager Outsourcing
• Frosch Acquisition Of TCG Consulting Centers On ‘Total Cost Of Ownership’ Model