Travelport on August 1 will have a new chief executive officer as former Sabre vice chairman Greg Webb succeeds Gordon Wilson.
Webb has been a senior vice president and general manager at Oracle Hospitality since June 2018. Before that he worked at Sabre for about 20 years, ultimately leading the Sabre Travel Network GDS business.
Wilson was at Travelport and predecessor companies for 28 years, serving as president and CEO since 2011. Affiliates of Evergreen Coast Capital and Siris Capital bought the tech firm in May.
Webb was Sabre’s representative in the US Airways v. Sabre trial, which remains under appeal.
The trial gave travel industry professionals unprecedented visibility into the economics and inner workings of GDS companies and travel management companies.
• Jury Finds Sabre’s US Airways Contract Violated Antitrust Law
• Defense Rests After Witnesses Rebut US Airways Account Of Sabre’s Strong-Arming
• Case Details Alternative Air Distribution Models
• ‘Seriously, Keep This To Yourself, Tell No One’
• Big Four Got About One-Third Of Total Sabre Incentives
• Why It’s Difficult To Update Travel Agent Desktops
• Case Details Sabre’s Airline Segment Fees, Including Southwest’s Advantage